The product is currently taking the Loft Conversion market by storm and is rapidly being specified in many other first fix applications. Here are some of the benefits -
- Produced exclusively from 100% FSC certified timber. The mark of sustainable forestry.
- Ezee Edge joists are uniform with a smoother surface aiding construction and handling.
- Shrinkage and its associated problems are substantially reduced
- Dimensional variability is reduced at point of production, complying with the tolerances in BS EN 336
- Individual pieces carry strength grading stamp and FSC assurance mark
- High strength to weight ratio
- Rounded edges for ease of use.
- A cost effective construction material.
- Pressure treated Ezee Edge is very cost effective when balanced against the potential expense that could be incurred in future remedial treatments and refurbishments.
- Pressure treated Ezee Edge extends the service life of your projects.
Ezee Edge Joists are produced from carefully selected certified logs, once milled selected joists are kilned in high performance kilns. Moisture content is constantly monitored and carefully reduced over a period of 4 to 5 days.
This process reduces the moisture content to around 18%, joists are allowed to cure for a further 24 hours before further processing.
Trained grading operators then visually assess each piece of timber, timber meeting the strict quality requirements is then machine strength graded to BS EN 519 C16 grade and planed all round resulting in our distinctive Ezee-Edge look. The grading process is independently audited to ensure high customer confidence in our product.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the product being reduced in size we have printed a Span Table below showing the spans for both the original 47mm product and the new 44mm. Please refer to this before ordering. *C24 Span Table available on request.